by Antonio Arias
See “SEC Fact Sheet” >http://www.sec.gov/news/press/2013/2013-124-item1.htm
Significance to Securities Issuers
1. Subject to compliance of Regulation D Rule 506(c) exemption Form D, we can leverage both social and traditional media to reach out to accredited investors and present our value proposition.
2. Now, investors will know we exist. They could start doing their research. Because of technology, there will be traditional and digital conversations from which we can deduce new knowledge. With new knowledge we can connect the dots previously not apparent.
3. We will know our competition. How does their offering stack against ours? If they are better, we got more work to do. In the end, the end user ends up with a better product. We all win if we put our customers’ interest on top. Our customer can be our target strategic investors or strategic partners.
4. It is the perfect opportunity to practice transparency and operate with full integrity. It is an opportunity to build trust and a longer term relationship with our investors.
5. We can find more capital on this round and future rounds if we deliver expected results. More capital will flow to the US at the expense of other countries lagging behind equity crowdfunding.
Significance to Investors
1. For long term investors, the selection of private securities of industries we believe in has just expanded.
2. We will know other investors of common interest and co-invest like a syndicate. Conducting due diligence as a group could save us time and resources if we all collaborate.
3. We are no longer restricted to investing in the volatile public capital markets. The lines dividing the private and public company exchanges will blur and eventually converge.
4. Inclusion of “bad actor” provisions will prevent actors or relevant parties who have been convicted of securities fraud or violations from participating under this new rule.
5. For professional investors like Healthy Crowdfunder, our deal flow sources have just expanded. It can lower our acquisition cost.
Significance to Consumers
1. We can be investors and consumers of the very products we need and believe in.
2. Our choices of quality products have just expanded.
3. We can participate in the creation of innovative products or solutions by the kind of companies we support.
Significance to Securities Regulators
1. We can learn how technology can allay a lot of our fears of investor safety. Technology engineers are listening and will design the relevant algorithms.
2. We will see traditional and social media conversations and will alert us about the trouble spots.
To all positive thinkers, can you think of anything else?